This is an intensive weekend course that covers all of the essential skills involved in fighting with a handgun. There is an all day session Saturday and Sunday, usually from 9am to 6pm.
Topics covered in this course will include:
- Rapid presentation from concealed carry
- Effective gunhandling techniques, designed to work under stress
- Rapid reloading techniques
- Movement skills, including effectively engaging targets on the move
- Disability drills, including shooting and reloading with one hand
- Precision shooting at mid-ranges
- Effective scanning techniques, locating additional threats
- Proper defensive mindset and more.
Expect to fire about 800-1000 rounds of ammunition.
You will need a good handgun, holster, belt, and magazine pouch, at least three magazines, a ball cap and concealment garment (vest, jacket, windbreaker, etc), eye and ear protection, and rain gear (we train rain or shine). A cooler with soft drinks and snacks is a very good idea.
You will need a quality handgun and gear. It is a good idea to bring a second gun just like your primary, in case something breaks on your primary gun. Please bring good quality ammunition. You will shoot better, your gun will function better, and you will learn faster.
Your primary instructor will be Tom Givens, of Rangemaster. Tom’s credentials can be viewed under Staff Qualifications. He will be assisted by other Rangemaster staff.
Tuition is $400.00. Call (901) 370-5600 to enroll by credit card or mail check to Rangemaster, 2611 S. Mendenhall, Memphis, TN, 38115.
A deposit of $100.00 will hold a space, balance due 15 days before class.