This is an intensive three-day course that covers all of the essential skills involved in fighting with a handgun. This course is conducted either Friday through Sunday or Saturday through Monday. The second day includes a low light training segment in the evening.
Topics covered in this course will include:
- Rapid presentation from concealed carry
- Effective gunhandling techniques, designed to work under stress
- Rapid reloading techniques
- Movement skills, including effectively engaging targets on the move
- Disability drills, including drawing and reloading with one hand
- Precision shooting at mid-ranges
- Weapon retention/disarming techniques
- Effective scanning techniques for locating additional threats
- Low light firing techniques, both with and without a flashlight
- Deployment from inside a vehicle
- Proper defensive mindset and more
You will need a good handgun, holster, belt, and magazine pouch, at least three magazines, a ball cap, concealment garment (vest, jacket, windbreaker, etc), eye/ear protection, and rain gear (we train rain or shine). A cooler with soft drinks and snacks is a very good idea. Expect to fire roughly 1,500 rounds of ammunition in the course of three days.
Tuition is $525.00 per student, which includes the range fee. A deposit of $100.00 will guarantee your space, with the balance due no later than 15 days before class. Your instructor will be Tom Givens, assisted by other Rangemaster staff.